To change the Status Manager in your Enterprise Project Schedule you must first change the Project Owner in Project Web Access (PWA).
In order to change the Owner of an enterprise project, the Project Owner or someone with edit access to the project schedule will need to log into Project Web Access (PWA) and update the Owner field on the project information Project Detail Page (PDP).
Here are the steps you will need to complete:
- In PWA, Open Project Center
- Open the project you want to update
- In the Quick Launch menu on the left, click on Project Information PDP
- In the Ribbon, click on Edit
- In the Owner field, click on Browse and select a new Owner and click the OK
- In the Ribbon, click SAVE, then CLOSE, and select YES when prompted to Check In the project
To change the Status Manager on the project schedule, the new Project Manager must complete the following:
- Launch Project Pro 2013 and Open the project you need to change
- Insert a Column by Right-clicking on the column header and selecting Status Manager from the drop down list
- The new manager has to manually select his/her own name in the Status Manager column for every task in the project
- On a task row click the Status Manager pick list and chose your name from the list for every task that you must manage
- Save the changes made to the project
- Publish the project
Congratulations, you have changed the Status Manager on your project. The new Status Manager will now be notified (if notifications are turned on) when progress is recorded on a project task.