Most people know one method to display the Assign Resources dialog: click the Assign Resources button in the Assignments section of the Resource ribbon. In addition to this well-known method, there are at least three other methods in Microsoft Project 2013 to display Assign Resources dialog. The advantage of using any of the other three methods is that you do not need to navigate to the Resource ribbon to display the dialog. These additional methods include :
- Press the Alt + F10 shortcut key combination. You can learn the shortcut key for many commands in Microsoft Project by floating your mouse pointer over the command button in the Ribbon. The software will reveal the shortcut key in the floating tooltip for the selected command button.
- Right-click on any task in the Gantt Chart view and select the Assign Resources item on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Assign Resources button on the Quick Access Toolbar. Before you can use this method, however, you must add the Assign Resources button to the Quick Access Toolbar.
To add the Assign Resources button to the Quick Access Toolbar, complete the following steps:
1. Right-click anywhere in the Quick Access Toolbar and select the Customize Quick Access Toolbar item in the shortcut menu. Microsoft Project displays the Project Options dialog with the Quick Access Toolbar page displayed, as shown in the following figure.
2. Select the Assign Resources… command in the Choose commands from list on the left side of the dialog.
3. Select the Redo command in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar list on the right side of the dialog.
4. Click the Add>> button in the middle of the dialog. Microsoft Project adds the Assign Resources… command below the Redo command, as shown in the following figure.
5. Click the OK button to close the Project Options dialog.
Did this blog post help you? Would you like to learn more about how to effectively use Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server, or Project Online to manage your projects? If so, please consider enrolling in one of our upcoming open enrollment training classes.
I hope you find this blog post helpful. For more tips and tricks on Project Management, please visit www.epmainc.com