This blog will help you create your first SharePoint Application page as quickly as possible with the least amount of effort.
The prerequisites for creating a basic SharePoint Application Page will be:
- A computer with SharePoint 2013 installed on it.
- Visual Studio Professional or an edition of Visual Studio Ultimate or Visual Studio Premium.
- Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 (if you are using 2012).
- Launch Visual Studio.
- Go to File>New Project.
- Choose SharePoint Solution and then SharePoint 2013 – Empty Project and then click OK.
4. On the SharePoint Customization Wizard you will see your SharePoint Site Name and 2 radio button options, choose Deploy as Farm Solution and click Finish.
5. Add an (Application Page) to the solution.
6. Open the aspx page that we just created and change the text under the <asp:Content ID=”PageTitleInTitleArea” to Hello World!!
7. Start and deploy the Application Page, you now have your first Application Page.
Thanks for reading, feel free to comment or leave any feedback!